SURGICAL SUTURAL MATERIAL
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- coating of medical appliances (fibers, probes, prostheses, instruments);
- for alleviating friction and imparting biocompatibility;
- sealing of radio and electronic facilities;
- protection of historical documents, books and rarities.
PROPERTIES OF MODIFIED MATERIAL
- modified threads become hydrophobic, thanks to which the capillary and wick effects are suppressed, strength at wetting doesnТt impair, and penetration of infection through the suture is excluded;
- friction of fibers against biological tissues is decreased 1.5-2 times;
- inflammation in the region of suture is inhibited due to improved bioinertness;
- a soft elastic postoperative cicatrix is formed (with less content of coarse connective tissue);
- the developed threads stand on a par with the best foreign analogues in properties and cost.