Head of the Department: Dr.Sci. Sergei F. Ermakov
Phone: +375 (232) 77 46 39; 72 18 45
Fax: +375 (232) 77 52 11
PREHISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department consists of two laboratories:
- No. 31 “Physico-chemistry of lubricating materials” headed by Dr.Sci. Sergei Ermakov (email@example.com)
• - Development of the methods and means to control tribophysical, physico-chemical and other properties of the natural and engineering systems with account of realizing an ordered mosomorphic state of the boundary lubricating layers on the surfaces in the dynamic contact zone and creation of highly efficient composite materials on this base for machines and mechabnisms along with drugs for therapeutic correction of the natural rubbing joints.
- Study of lubricity of the liquid-crystalline (LC) compounds, determination of their effect on antifriction properties of both natural and artificial lubricants, establishing of the relations between LC lubricants and structural, mechanical and tribological characteristics of the biological and metal-polymer composites found in dynamic contact in this medium;
- Determination of the regularities of the unique frictional behavior of the rubbing joints (identification of the nature and ingredients incorporated in the multicomponent system of the natural lubricant of joints of LC compounds, and discovery of their role in the mechanisms of abnormally low friction of the natural articulations and in frictional interaction of artificial trbibojoints;
- Investigation of the ingredients and composition on the properties of cheolesteric-nematic LC and their mixtures, study of the problems of synthesis, cleaning and obtaining of LC compounds with preset mesomorphic, physicochemical, rheological and other properties.
Scientific discover with priority of Feb. 16, 1984 “A property of synovial fluid…”
• - Study of the regularities of lubricity effect of LC in both engineering and biological tribojoints;
- Examination of the effect of SHF radiation on impregnation and properties of conducting capillary-porous systems and elaboration of new highly efficient wood self-lubricating materials on this base that contain LC modifiers with elevated physicomechanical and antifriction properties;
- Development of formulas and principles of obtaining lubricating materials, technological media and liquid-crystalline compositions for engineering friction units and therapeutic correction of articular pathology (artificial synovial fluids);
- Development of the methods and facilities for precision investigations of frictional interactions in the metal-polymer and biopolymer pairs, estimation of lubricity, structural and mechanical, as well as thermofriction properties of LC materials and artificial lubricants containing them;
- Testing of lubricants and coolants of engineering facilities and consulting in this sphere.
ADVANCED RESEARCH DIRECTIONS
- Elaboration of control means for the parameters and quality of hard and super-hard surfaces and methods of their nondestructive control;
- Development and investigation of triboengineering systems with regulated friction characteristics containing LC lubricants.
• wood-polymer composite materials and products;
• lubricating liquid-crystalline materials of medical and engineering purposes;
• medicine for external use Diasynol intended for treating osteoarthrosis, osteoarthritis, arthritis and regenerative variations in cartilage;
• process media and coolants based on industrial vegetable oils or their mixtures for metal working;
• coolant concentrate GR-1 for metal cutting.
• detergent paste “POLISA”
•Pendulum tribometer enabling microprocessing and storage of experimental data;
•PC-aided setup for measurement of wear spots in testing lubricating materials
-Technology of synthesis, cleaning and producing LC compounds with preset mesomorphic, physicochemical and rheological properties;
- Manufacturing technique of antifriction greases based on intermediate oil-refining products and LC compounds;
- Manufacturing technique of coolants on the base of technical vegetable oils and products of their processing for edge-cutting and abrasive machining of metals